Thursday, April 9, 2009

Moon Knight

Yes, today is a full moon. All day, folks were testing my every last nerve. I was really being tested today. Like Moon Knight, I just wanted to pummel everyone that deserved a knock-down. And apparently, to me, everyone was begging for a beating. The smoking issue was in the back of my mind until after work. I went and got hair cut by my friend CJ and then she and I went to a Vietnamese restaurant for dinner. We sat in the smoking section because our favorite waiter works that section. She smokes and did. We drank, and our waiter makes them rather stiff. For reformed smokers, drinking is one of the "rites of passage" testing your resolve. Later after several drinks and our meals, another friend arrived. Also a smoker.

Not to worry, true believers. I was triumphant! Excelsior!!!

4 comments:

JJ said...

Yay! One of the supreme tests PASSED!!! You did it! Congratulations... now, didn't it suck coming home and smelling of smoke?


holond - the ability to grasp hold of figments of your imagination and make seem like the most real thing ever. Suitable for drama queens.

Thomas said...

I'm sorry, are you saying that not all folks naturally holond?

smelling of smoke: actually they are polite smokers and for the most part blew the other way. But since I ordered firey entre, I think my nose was concentrating on breathing more than smelling.

Jadielady said...

A stand up comic once said, Drinking without smoking is like pooping without peeing.
You can smoke without drinking, and you can pee without pooping.
But you can't poop without peeing and you sure as hell can't drink without smoking. So good job for drinking without smoking! Though I wonder if those bits of secondhand smoke were helping a little.


Wisioni. Vietnamese dish invented in Wisconsin

Thomas said...

*I think I sharted*