Friday, April 3, 2009

Lung Cleansing

20 minutes after my last cigarette, my blood pressure and pulse rate drop to normal and the body temperature of my hands and feet increase to normal.
87 pulsars for one minute. That's low for me. My father (non-smoker) and I generally have fast pulse rates. Last time at the doctor's office I was 121 pulses each minute and he freaked out. So maybe the smoking was making MY pulse rate really fast. Or maybe I'm just really calm right now.

8 hours after my last smoke, the carbon monoxide levels decrease and oxygen levels in my blood increase to normal.
We'll just assume this one is accurate.

24 hours after my last cigarette, I substantially lessen my chances of having a heart attack.
Well I suppose as substantial for a fat man as they can be.

2 days after my last cigarette, I should notice that my ability to taste and smell is enhanced.
The fuzzy tongue is fading and I think that hindered the psychedelic tasting trip that I should be on. But the smelling has definitely picked up on a lot of funk around me, especially at work.

3 days later my breathing should be noticeably better because my lung capacity will be greater.
I have noticed that I'm not as snotty and my sinuses are getting devoid of oysters. There's a visual for you.

2 weeks to 3 months after quitting, my circulation should improve and my lung functioning should increase up to 30%.
I'll let my diabetic feet be the judge of that. But it is possible that my pulse rate is an indication of that.

1 month to nine months, the cilia in my lungs will regenerate, allowing my body to clean my lungs and reduce infection.
Not only that, ...those little cilia should be flagellating.

No comments: