Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hawkman

Okay, my nose has been under attack today. I woke up and let the Solomonster out and I sniffed the cool outdoor air. YUK! Has Richmond been under siege by sewage beasts? My driver's side car window would not go up last night so I had to drive to work with it down. My luck I was behind a bunch of trucks spewing their perfume. Bleck!

Elevator jail found me and the ghosts of women's powdery floral over exaggerated and over indulged "don't I smell pretty" crap. Some dude's maple syrup laden breakfast burning in the microwave in the community kitchen was just dandy. And my personal morning favorite was torturous person that nuked up some bacon in the microwave. And they did it wonderfully well, to the point that the intoxicating aroma waifed all the way directly under my nose. mmmmm bacon.

I'm still taking my breaks with my smoking friends. That is going well but yesterday and today, the burning embers smelled like burning leaves. Well okay, that is what they are, but it didn't smell *welcoming* at all.

Took my car to a glass shop and met a nice guy that I would like to smell better. ummm I mean see again when the time to fix my window arrives. But for now he flexed his muscles and smiled, rrrrr I mean fixed my window to working okay until I get the money to have it repaired. It was so nice of him to oil me up - oh, the window linings. Even the oil had a "take me" kind of smell to it.

After I returned from lunch I needed to be in various locations throughout the building. All I smelled, and I didn't have a choice, was everyone Else's lunch. And I swear today was International Food Fare day. But a word of caution if you ever have a hyper-sensitive olfactory experience happening.

AVOID - Hold it - pinch as hard as you have too - but don't go into the men's bathroom!

Oh -- and I selected Hawkman today because of his enormous schnoz!

5 comments:

JJ said...

Poor dr. Flab,

Welcome to the world... your nose will be assulted all the time now that it is cleared up. They were all coated in grime and you couldn't smell things. Your nostrils will feel like they have spent 8 months on a gay pirate ship! Or pregnant... because your sense of smell go bezerk then. which would you prefer?

filizest - the outside coating on a cheese steak that crumbs off in the wrapper

Michael said...

LOL...ok, there's one benefit to smoking after all. Stinky bathrooms aside, still not worth it! :o)

P.S. Your word verification is "beter"...a subliminal message for you???

Breenlantern said...

Persoanlly, I'd have gone with the Elongated Man, given his nose thing with "smelling a mystery" and all that...I'm just saying. Keep up the good fight...

Thomas said...

D'oh, I missed that opportunity. Good call BL! damn.

Jadielady said...

*gigglefit*
I was just gonna say at least no one burnt popcorn.
But my word is Manpod, and that is just too funny to try to define