Sunday, May 3, 2009

Health Assessment



Yesterday I did my work related health assessment. By participating, you can get a discount on your premium increase in the following year.


Age: 43 (up from last year, good thing too)
Height: 5'8" (same as last year)
Weight: 265 lbs. (up from last year)
Blood Pressure: 134/82 (similar to last year)


I got my blood drawn as well. Those vampires better say that I'm a non-smoker like they did last year. Last year I was a HUGE smoker and they said I was not. I had to fight to get them to say I was to get the lowest score possible. Needed room for improvement. Not sure how much I improved even though I quit smoking. The weight is up and the age is up. They use it all against you.


I'll keep you informed as I need to start focusing on the waist-line. ...And people thought I have been a bitch from quiting smoking... lol.

3 comments:

Jadielady said...

I didn't do it. Its all BS anyways. The company could have saved tons of money to just say "Cost of insurance is higher, we're raising everyone 5% across the board" instead of wasting money utelizing these bastards who make up nonsense and raise it ayways.

hawket. what we might as well have done with our healthcare budget.

Thumperdd said...

Thomas, take it one step at a time. I'd hate for you to end up smoking again because you're stressed on a diet...

Upside, we could diet together. Lord knows I need to get off my duff and do something about it!

Danita

JJ said...

I am here to help you too, Dr. Flab. Of course, I am a great model for what NOT to do... but i will be better.

piede - (pronounced pie- ee- day) That would be the friday mornings when everyone brings crap into work and it is right in front of your cube staring you in the face.